Birchbox: January

Thursday, January 21, 2016


I adore Birchbox and I honestly feel all warm and fuzzy inside whenever I open the pink cardboard box with my name on it. This month's box was created in association with Pinterest and had lots of goodies inside to help wipe away those New Year's blues, as well as five specially designed postcards that can either be used or displayed. 


The first product is a 'protect and detangle' leave in conditioner spray by Beauty Protector. I've used this product twice now and I have to be honest here... it's... okay. That's it really. It smells really sugary sweet that it's a little bit sickly and it doesn't really make my hair feel any smoother like you would expect from a conditioner. On the plus side though, it seems to be good at protecting against heat and it doesn't feel sticky or heavy in my hair like some other products have done in the past.

Next up is the Whish body butter. This smells so fresh and creamy and contains shea and raspberry butter to moisturise, seaweed extract to firm and rice bran oil to purify. I've actually only used this product on my hands as a hand cream as I tend to wash my hands quite a lot at work and they get very dry, but the results are quite long lasting and it doesn't leave that horrible sticky film on your skin.

I haven't had a chance to use the Absolution 'night and morning water' yet so it would be unfair of me to comment, but it smells very fresh and so I'm looking forward to trying it!


The first item of make up is Benefit's 'They're Real' tinted lash primer. This is a brown primer that you apply to your lashes before putting on mascara. It did work quite well and made my lashes look long and healthy, but since I usually layer up several coats of mascara anyway, it didn't look too dissimilar to my usual look. 


The next item in the box is probably my favourite out of all of the items this month. I'd never heard of Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics before, but their illuminating eyeliner is actually amazing. Apparently it's 'in fashion' at the moment to wear light eyeliner to make your eyes look bigger and more awake and I actually love it! It lasts for a super long time and has earned pride of place in my daily make up bag.


The final item in the box is a compact mirror. Although I have lots of these already it's always useful to have spares in case of emergencies!

Do you subscribe to Birchbox?
Have you used any of these products?
I'd love to know what you think!




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments