Glossybox: January

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I'm a new-ish subscriber to Glossybox, having received my first box last month. This month I thought I should write a review on the beauty box and give you a sneak peak as to what was inside...


The box itself is baby pink in colour with a simple black logo on the lid. When you open the box, you are greeted by such beautiful and perfect ribbon-wrapped tissue paper. It was so beautiful that it seemed a shame to open it! Anyway, after carefully pulling at the strings of the bow and peeling back the tissue paper, the goodies inside were revealed. This month's box contained a face mask, eyeshadow, cell repairing serum, lipstick and a beauty blender. As with most subscription boxes there is also a handy little guide, telling you all about your new products.





The first item in the box is a dermo defense face mask by Unani. This is a herbal based mask that cares and protects for your skin. It's also great for sensitive skin! It's a clear jelly that is designed to be used once per week for approximately 10 minutes.



This product is probably my favourite in this month's box. This is a cellular repair serum by Madara, which claims to plump and hydrate the skin. The fact that it's slightly green in colour really helps to even out red patches and leaves the skin glowing. It's quite a watery formula, but leaves my skin feeling really soft.


Glossybox have included one of their own products in this month's box in the form of an eyeshadow in the shade 'Glossy Mauve'. I don't usually go for berry coloured eyeshadows but this is great for creating a smokey eye with wine coloured lipstick! The pigmentation isn't very strong but it leaves behind a lovely silvery shimmer.



The Teez Cosmetics Oasis Gem lipstick in the shade 'Coral Onyx' isn't really my colour, but with a layer of tinted lipgloss over the top, looks quite pretty. It has a smooth, creamy texture and the pigment is really strong. I absolutely love the funky packaging but I have to point out that I'm a little bit disappointed with the fact that the actual lipstick keeps falling out of the tube. 


Lastly was a 'Shine Airbrush Blending Sponge' by Nicka K. I'm already using an egg shaped beauty blender from the B. range at Superdrug and I much prefer this method of applying foundation than the brush, partly because I don't really like my foundation to be too thick and also I find that it gives a nicer finish, so I am actally really pleased to be receiving another one because, although they can be easily cleaned, it would be nice






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments