Calling Festival, Clapham

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

This weekend I have been a busy little bee! 

On Sunday, we visited one of my school friends and her boyfriend, who now live in a flat in Clapham. They invited us round for dinner and told us that the Calling Festival was also taking place on the same weekend. When I found out that Jack Johnson, Paloma Faith and Stevie Wonder were all playing, I was there

Annoyingly tickets for the festival cost £70, which was a bit out of our price range, but my friend assured me that if we took a picnic blanket and sat outside the gates, we would still be able to see and hear everything.




When we left the house on our travels to Clapham, it was sunny, and I had dressed accordingly - jeans, pretty strappy summer top and flip flops.The second we got to Clapham common however, it poured - and I mean it absolutely POURED - down with rain. Even my umbrella wasn't enough to shield me from it. As the ground was too wet to sit down, we stood outside the gates and yes, we could see and hear pretty much everything! It was amazing! I can't believe people pay £70 to stand just the other side of the barrier and get the same view that we had... although I suppose half the fun is the atmosphere...

Jack Johnson played for about an hour before we got too cold and decided to walk back to the flat for a cup of tea and some Eton mess. I'm pretty sad that we didn't get to see Paloma Faith or Stevie Wonder, I could've stayed there all evening!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments