How To Wear It Wednesday: Neon

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Neon is a trend that is bold, daring and sometimes quite intimidating. You often see different colours together that can look messy and kill the outfit.

So here are some ways to wear neon in different scenarios.


1) Light and Girlie

neon 1

I love this look and I LOVE those shoes! 
This look is calm, pretty and flattering. The neon pink skirt draws your eye and the (slightly pale) neon green accessories set the neon image 



2) Bold and Daring

neon 2

If you've got the confidence to carry off this image, then I salute you. While I personally don't think I have the confidence, I love the way that the bold colours and tiger print ooze zest and certainty. Initially, the outfit was based around the jeans, however after finding the vest, this was perfect as a focal piece. The bright colours are toned down by the corresponding black and white tiger print bag and is based with plain black and brown boots.



3) Big Night Out

neon 3

In order not to come across like a neon explosion, my going out outfit is kept sassy and sweet by choosing matching accessories, in this case, all pink! 



4) Cool and Casual

NEON 4

This is perhaps my favourite look of the four. The hints of neon are coordinated and understated, which, for me, is all the more attractive. 




I love neon... and neon parties... 
In fact I wore an outfit very similar to outfit no.3 to a party not so long ago.


What do you think? Should neon be left in the nineties? 
Would you wear it out with confidence? Or would you save it for the special occasions?
Let me know! 




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. I am LOVING the black and hot pink and the super bright nail polish! I must find it! :)

    ReplyDelete