How to Wear It Wednesday: Leopard Print

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

To say that today's Wear It Wednesday is based around leopard print, probably conjures up images of Bette Lynch and faux fur, however leopard print is a growing trend.

Leopard print is one of those things that, if worn well, can look amazing, however can easily turn into a disaster. When it comes to animal prints, I think less is definitely more.

So here are some ways to wear the print in different scenarios.


1) Casual: shopping, at the park, 


leopard print 1

Leopard print and the colour pink generally go very well together, however rather than creating a clash of colours, I've kept the pink subtle as a pastel shade. The grey of the jumper compliments this wonderfully.


leopard 3
Alternatively, if this is too daring, it can be toned down with soft beiges and neutral tones.


2) Girls' Night Out 


Leopard 2

Worn in the wrong way, leopard print may give a raunchy impression, however subtle leopard print highlights will, instead, give a classy, more stylish appearance. The plain black dress doesn't 'overload' the image by making it too busy with too many colours and patterns. I absolutely love the shoes and the bead detailing on the bag is gorgeous.


3) At the Office
leopard 4
Leopard print is daring, but work doesn't have to always be dull. A cute leopard print top matched with plain office wear can look very elegant. Just make sure that the cut of the top is flattering and tailored to your body type and does not swamp you!


I have a leopard print dress in my closet that I've worn ONCE on a night out. I tried it on in the fitting rooms before buying it and was unsure whether I liked it or not, but was persuaded into buying it because my friend thought it suited me.

I learned something that day...
If you're not comfortable in something, don't buy it!!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments