How to Wear It Wednesday: Wide Leg Trousers

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Being very conscious of my legs, I often opt for wide leg trousers, but it' important to get the 'balance' right with the image. Wide leg trousers can look quite baggy, and, if teamed with a baggy top, you risk looking like a sack of potatoes, swamped by your own clothes!

1) Smart/Casual

wide leg 3
This is my own personal image when I'm out and about. The tailored t-shirt will balance out your top half and is very flattering! I adore the shoes - they're on my Christmas list!


2) Natural Bohemian
Wide leg 2
I love this look. It's so bohemian, light and airy. The earthy tones give the look a natural feel and the texture of the linen trousers add to this. The wooden and bronzed bangles and wedge sandals were chosen to compliment the natural theme. Although the top is loose fitting, the cinched in waist adds shape and detail.

3) Work
wide leg 4

A perfectly tailored blouse is key to carrying off this image, regardless of the colour. The mary-jane style shoes ass formality to the look.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Love your picks...and the first collection is my favourite!

    xxx Lizzy from Fashion-BlaBla
    http://lizbeechwood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your clothes sets; very inspiring! I nominated you for The Leibster award; check it out at http://justanotherdaydream.blogspot.com/2012/07/leibster-award.html.

    ReplyDelete