L'Oreal Bambi Eyes False Lash Mascara: Review

Friday, October 04, 2019


I first saw the ad for this mascara about 2 months ago, and even though I had absolutely no need for a new mascara, I found myself wanting it... Why, you ask? Bambi!
The advert showed all these cute little cartoons of Bambi and it was so girly and pretty, I wanted it! Don't believe me?
Just watch the advert below and you'll see exactly what I mean!
(Ps, I'm not being paid to put this advert here, I'm just trying to prove my point!)
Basically any Disney collab just does it for me. Cath Kidston, Mac, Vans... I'm such a sucker for it. 
Bucket - boring. Bucket with minnie mouse on it - cute! Toothbrush - dull. Toothbrush with Alice in Wonderland - need... You get the drift. I don't know that this is a Disney collab exactly as there's no logos to suggest that's the case, but there was definitely original images used in the advert, so kudos to their advertising team for that!
ANYWAY...
I bought the mascara in Boots for £10.99 (It's on 3 for 2 on their website at the moment!) and I was so excited to try it. I kind of pictured myself having these massive dark doe-eyes like the girls you see on Pinterest and Instagram. The mascara comes in a silver mirrored tube which surprised me. I thought there may have been some Bambi images on the tube, but since this isn't an official collab, perhaps they weren't allowed... 
The brush has a curved bristle brush which is apparenlty designed to reach and coat every lash for a wide-eyed lash look. According to the L'Oreal website,  the long bristles elongate your lashes while the short bristles provide long-lasting curl.
The mascara applies really nicely. It's very smooth and doesn't clump, and it's very build-able, so if, like me, you like the very dark mascara look, you can apply several layers to make it as dramatic as you like.

This was the look after 1 coat of mascara.
(please excuse the dark circles under my eyes in the 'no make-up image on the left)

I would buy this mascara again as I do think it's reliable and doesn't smudge, however I wouldn't be in any rush. I feel I've tried other mascaras in the past that have been the same, if not better, but if you're after a clump-free, natural looking mascara then I would recommend it. 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. I used this mascara, but I was moderately satisfied. I want to have long and thick lashes (my natural ones are thin), but unfortunately I haven't found such mascara yet. Maybe you can suggest something?

    ReplyDelete