10 Things I Love about Autumn

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

It's finally October, my favourite month and my favourite season! It's also the start of Blogtober, a challenge where bloggers post every day throughout the month of October. There are no rules, posts can be about any topic, meaning people can get as creative as they want!

I actually think we're pretty lucky in the UK to have Autumn. I couldn't imagine living in a country where it's either summer or winter for the majority of the year... which leads me to my first post of Blogtober, '10 Things I Love about Autumn!'

 1. The colour
I know that technically autumn is the season where leaves die and fall from the trees, which, when you think about it, is quite depressing, but how pretty does that amber glow on the floor look?

2. Walks in the park
That 'crunch, crunch, crunch' sound is so relaxing, and the scenery is stunning.

3. The smell
Ok, this one is kind of difficult to explain but you know early in the morning when you leave the house; it's cold, it's damp, and there's a certain dewy smell in the air? That! That's the smell of autumn to me and I love it. Instantly I'm transported to those cold mornings walking to school and being forced to wait outside until the bell went. Also, the smell of a good pumpkin scented candle!

4. The temperature
I feel like Autumn is the 'Goldilocks' of the year when it comes to temperature; not too hot that you want to peel your skin off and have to endure the pain of chub-rub between your thighs, but not so cold that your nose stings and your body won't stop shivering
(side note: sorry, but writing that just reminded me of that scene from Miss Congeniality where William Shatner asks Miss Rhode Island to describe her perfect date, "April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.")
5. Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Need I say more?! I just wish there was a Starbucks on my way to work!

6. My Birthday!! 
Plus my dads, birthday, my mum's birthday and a few other friends... It's a busy (and expensive!) time of the year, but I love it

7. Pumpkin picking
I've promised myself that this year, I will not leave pumpkin picking til the last minute! It certainly gets very muddy, so a good pair of wellies is a must! But depending where you go, there's also other fun things to do, like kids lawn games and stalls selling hot drinks to keep you toastie!
8. Autumn fashion 
Bring on the layers! Scarves, jackets, cute hats, and of course, a chunky mustard knit! There are so many cute things in the shops at this time of year, it can get pretty dangerous on my bank account!

9. Halloween
Halloween can be as serious or as fun as you want it to be, and one thing in particular that I look forward to is decorating and making tasty treats for us to enjoy. I'm not keen on trick or treaters (but thats because in the past, our house has been egg'ed and thats what spoils the fun for me!) but I love seeing the little kiddos in the family dressed up, so cute!

10. Cosy nights in
What more could you want after a long day at work, than to be snuggled up on the sofa, feet up, the glow of a warm fire, a cosy blanket, a pumpkin spice latte (or hot chocolate!), scented candles burning and a good movie on the tv!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments