Happy Birchbox!

Friday, September 25, 2015

A few weeks ago I came across a link on Facebook advertising Birchbox. I've heard a lot about the brand before but have never bothered to subscribe, largely due to the price. (If I had a better job with more expendable money I would!) However September happens to be Birchbox's Birthday and by clicking a link, I got my box half price.


I was really impressed with the quality of the box. When I receive my monthly Pink Parcel box, it's quite a thin card box that it easy to unfold and recycle, which in some ways is good but is easily crushed in the post if you happen to have a heavy-handed postman. This box however is really thick and so pretty that I really want to reuse it somehow, although I'm not sure what for yet!



When I opened the box there was a booklet explaining each of the products, as well as a discount voucher for being a new customer.





Underneath the booklet was a cute little sack containing all the goodies...



Inside was a bundle of 5 product samples and a tangle teaser - which is great because my hair is really long and the windy autumn weather is approaching! 

The samples were:

License to blot by Benefit
Cheek and lip tint by Laqa and Co
Lemon and sage soapy suds by Bliss
Flawless skin face polish by Laura Mercier
and a Citrus detangler by John Masters Organics

In my opinion, the Benefit blot stick is amazing! Admittedly I've only used it twice so far, but I've been so impressed both times that I'm already planning on buying the full-sized product when I've used up this sample! I was a little disappointed with the lip tint though. Don't get me wrong, the quality is great, pigmentation is really strong and the consistency is great, but firstly the website promised a Limited Edition version in gold packaging and secondly, it's just not my colour. 







So far I'm really impressed with the box and although I'm not entirely sure whether I can afford £12 per month, I think I'm going to keep my subscription going for a little while to see what other surprises are in store! Apparently you can create a profile and the products included in your box each month will be selected based on your preferences. I'm certainly looking forward to my next box!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments