Books galore...

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I'd been procrastinating for a long time!

I knew it needed doing, but I could never be bothered to actually clear out the things in my bedroom. Eventually however, I started the humongous job a few weeks ago and it only now feels like I'm getting somewhere! 

My guilty pleasure is books! I love them: the feel of them, the smell of them, the designs of the covers and the mysteries they hold within them. The problem is, I'd bought way more books over the last two or three years than I actually had time for! Sadly, I had to give some of them away and sell a few others. They were ones I had pretty much bought on impulse or had been given by my mum's friend. The rest though, are currently in a plastic storage box in the conservatory. 

Here's a photo... Shocking isn't it! 




Believe it or not, there's over 100 books in that pile. Yes, some of them have already been read, but most of them are waiting... Just waiting for the light to finally grace their pages. 

So I've set myself a challenge. I know a LOT of bloggers do this anyway, so I'm not reinventing the wheel here, but I'd really like to read one book a week (or there abouts) until I can happily get rid of some without feeling guilty. Simple, yes, but for me it really WILL be a challenge! I love reading, but I'm SO easily distracted!

My book for this week is "My Mad Fat Diary" by Rae Earl. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments