Eyewake Collagen Eye Gel*

Monday, October 22, 2018

A few weeks ago I was contacted by Eyewake and was asked whether I would like to try their new collagen eye gel, which promises to diminish wrinkles and reduces inflammation around your eyes. I love anything beauty related and I'm so paranoid about the bags and dark circles around my eyes that I happily agreed. 

Eyewake are a small UK company with the mission to help customers discover their true confidence whilst at the same time making a difference to our communities, by providing effective and ethical skincare products.
What's more, for every product sold, a donation is made to help victims of domestic violence. Eyewake are proud to announce on their website that approximately 5% of their net profits are donated to Women's Aid and they partake in charity events in each quarter.
I should just clarify at this point that I did receive this product for free, but you can buy it on the Eyewakewebsite for £18.95 or on Amazonfor £15.95.
The product arrived in a padded envelope with free next day delivery on Amazon Prime (p&p charges apply elsewhere) and was packaged in a simple blue and white cardboard box. I was quite surprised at how basic the packaging was when I received it. Normally I like to look at information on the box, such as how to apply the product, but the only details were the ingredients, manufacturer's details and a small shelf life icon!
The actual tube is a very handy size (I keep mine in my handbag!) and is made out of a light metal. I assume this is designed specifically to keep the gel cool and therefore help reduce under-eye puffiness. It is recommended that you store the gel in a cool place, such as a fridge! 
The pump is really easy to use and the gel is clear and has a very light cucumber and elderflower scent, however I found the consistency quite watery and it spurted out everywhere at first, so make sure you don't press down too hard on the pump! The watery consistency does however make it very easy to spread, so getting a good coverage around the eye area is quick and easy - a little goes a long way so the tube will last ages! It feels really fresh and natural and absorbs quickly without leaving any residue. You can apply make up on top if you wish. 
The gel claims to reduce puffy eyes, dark circles, eye bags, crows feet and wrinkles, and contains vitamin E and aloe vera. I've been using the gel now for about a month and I haven't noticed any differences yet with regards to lines and wrinkles, but when I apply the gel I do feel that my eyes are well hydrated and look brighter and less puffy so I'm really happy with it.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments